Below you will find opportunities made available through the CAED including Faculty Scholarships that are not included under the Work-Study, CAED Scholarships and Other Scholarships tabs in the navigation.
Partnerships between alumni, industry and the College create important links between the academic and professional world for each of our departments. The depth and breadth of these partnerships is unlimited and we are always interested in exploring new opportunities.
Examples of current partnerships include:
- Named studios and labs. These opportunities provide support for a studio or lab and are usually tied to a specific research agenda: sustainability, housing, etc.
- Scholarships for students and faculty.
- Internship opportunities for students. Offices across California create an environment of learning within their professional world, initiating students into the next stage of life-long learning.
- On campus lectures. Practicing professionals give of their time and knowledge on campus, strengthening the ties between the academic and professional worlds.
- Contribution of materials for the Neel NRC Materials Resource Lab.
Anyone interested in learning more about these or other opportunities may email Rachel Garrett.
Verla & Paul Neel Faculty Scholarship
Paul Neel is dean emeritus of the College of Architecture and Environmental Design and an ARCE alumnus. The Verla and Paul Neel scholarship provides professional development funds to CAED faculty for participation in state or national conferences and conventions of professional organizations within the disciplines of the CAED.
Robert M. Arens, Architecture
Thomas M. Korman, Construction Management
Gregory F. Starzyk, Construction Management